CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Douglas International Airport officials said no decisions have been made on whether changes will be put into place during the solar eclipse on Aug. 21.
American Airlines told Channel 9 it will be business as usual during the rare event.
Southwest Airlines is providing special viewing glasses to passengers on five flights with the greatest likelihood of seeing the eclipse while in the air.
None of those flights, though, are to the Queen City.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD identifies man shot to death during apparent robbery, carjacking
- CMPD identifies victim, suspect in Charlotte's 56th homicide of 2017
- PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Contenders look to make moves during second round
- New skyscraper will transform Charlotte's iconic skyline
- Cancellation of I-77 tolls could potentially cost NC millions, study says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.