CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Linebacker Luke Kuechly has been selected to the Pro Bowl for the fifth consecutive season, tying him with five others for the most selections in franchise history, the Carolina Panthers said in a news release.
Current teammates Julius Peppers and Ryan Kalil along with Steve Smith, Wesley Walls and Michael Bates also have been picked five times.
[RELATED: 8 Steelers, 6 Eagles and Saints highlight Pro Bowl squads]
Kuechly has gone to the Pro Bowl every year except his rookie season in 2012, a year in which the Panthers weren't represented in the annual all-star game. Since then, the Panthers have an averaged six Pro Bowlers a year, including five last season when their run of three consecutive playoff appearances ended.
The Pro Bowl kicks off Sunday, Jan. 28 at 3 p.m., and will be broadcast on ESPN and ABC. The game returns to Orlando for the second consecutive season and will feature the traditional AFC vs. NFC format for the second consecutive season.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed when suspected drunk driver crashes into minivan
- Union County deputies seek shooter after homes, vehicles struck by gunfire
- Older adults forget more because their brain rhythms don't sync during sleep, study says
- Panthers could attract several buyers with deep pockets, experts say
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Police investigate death of 3-year-old girl in Lancaster
© 2018 Cox Media Group.