WINGATE, N.C. - Officials were on scene after a partial building collapse at a station of the Wingate Fire Department.
An official with the Union County Code Inspection office said a third of the building has been deemed unsafe until repairs can be made.
Officials said a truck malfunction led to the building collapse.
The firefighters were pulling the trucks out for maintenance Friday morning and a door malfunctioned opening up and knocking down a support beam.
Nobody was hurt or trapped during the incident.
Officials did not have an estimate on how much repairs will costs or if it would be covered under insurance.
The Union County Fire Marshal Neil Speer said the Wingate Volunteer Fire Department is operating now, but with assistance from Monroe Fire Department, Bever Lane Volunteer Fire Department in Marshville and Unionville Volunteer Fire Department.
The fire department provides service for about 8,000 people.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom was flying over the scene.
Follow Channel 9 on Twitter and Facebook for updates to this developing story.