CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A pedestrian was struck Tuesday morning while crossing the southbound lanes of I-85 at Graham Street in north Charlotte, highway patrol confirmed.
Several first responders could be seen on the Department of Transportation’s camera network located at the scene.
The condition of the pedestrian has not been released.
The accident forced crews to block several lanes on I-85 and cause major backups while police investigated the scene.
The scene was cleared, and all lanes were re-opened around 11:45 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for more on this developing story.
Turn on Eyewitness News at noon as we continue to get new information into our newsroom on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6 gang members with ties to Lake Wylie couple's slayings sentenced
- Family warns of dangers after 21-year-old dies of flu complications
- WATCH: Gators poke snouts out of ice to survive cold at NC park
- CMPD: Alcohol a factor in crash that killed 1, injured 3 north of uptown
- VIDEO: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast update
- School and business closing alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.