CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police in Charlotte said the man charged with exposing himself at a library Thursday had also exposed himself a year ago at a state employment office.
Officers arrested Kenyatta Davis, 37, as he tried to run from the Independence Regional Library on Conference Drive Thursday afternoon.
The alleged victim, a 30-year-old woman, told Eyewitness News that she was reading in a quiet area of the library when she looked up and saw Davis exposing himself several feet away.
She told library staff who called 911, and police arrested Davis as he tried to climb a berm along Independence Boulevard.
Officers then discovered that Davis had a warrant charging him with exposing and fondling himself at the state employment office on Executive Center Drive in July 2013.
Davis was arrested and released from jail on $3,000 bond.
Eyewitness News went to the address he gave when he was arrested, but he was not there.
Read more trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- NC Marine filmed urinating on Taliban corpses found dead
- Rock Hill PD: Boy threw boiling water on another boy
- Sources: Health improving for 2 Americans with Ebola
- Fundraiser to be held for boy with brittle bone disease
- Sheriff’s Office identifies Lake Norman drowning victim