• Police release search warrant from fatal Concord shooting

    Updated:

    CONCORD, N.C. - Concord police are slowly releasing information the shooting that killed two people at a home earlier in July.

    Police have been tight-lipped about the investigation into the double homicide at a home on Gibson Drive.

    They released a search warrant from the July 3 shooting.

    It shows 18 items police officers took from the home.

    The notable items seized included a semiautomatic handgun, five bullet shell casings, a ski mask, a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and receipts.

    Timothy Crumitie told Concord officers he and his wife, Sharon, were at home in their garage when James Blanks burst in to rob them.

    Crumitie said Banks shot and killed his wife, then shot him in the arm.

    Crumitie said he was then able to fight back and get the gun away from Banks and kill him. So far no one has been charged in the shooting.

    Crumitie was arrested in 2005 and accused of killing a business partner, but the charges were dropped.

    Concord police said they are investigating if there is a connection between Blanks and Crumitie.


    Next Up: