CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police responded to a robbery at the Giant Genie HealthMart Pharmacy on Friday afternoon at the corner of Central Avenue and Morningside Drive in Plaza Midwood.
Officers established a crime scene zone around the business.
An employee said the robber jumped over the counter and struggled with other employees.
The robber was armed and when he left, he shot into a customer’s vehicle with someone inside, the employee said.
The victim was grazed by the bullet but was not injured.
No arrests have been made.
Police are looking for two men.
"I did hear a ‘pop’ probably about an hour ago," said Allen Nelson, who lives near the store.
Residents in the Plaza Midwood community said the men sped through Morningside Drive, then abandoned the car on a nearby street, before taking off.
"We initially saw the street blocked off and a police officer came up, and just asked if we saw anybody run through the neighborhood," one resident said.
In the last sixth months, Channel 9 has reported several area pharmacy robberies.
In March, police said armed suspects robbed Pike's Pharmacy less than 2 miles away.
Last month in University City, investigators said armed men barged into a store, held up the clerks, then ran off when pills and cash.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD identifies man shot to death during apparent robbery, carjacking
- CMPD identifies victim, suspect in Charlotte's 56th homicide of 2017
- PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Contenders look to make moves during second round
- New skyscraper will transform Charlotte's iconic skyline
- Cancellation of I-77 tolls could potentially cost NC millions, study says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
© 2017 Cox Media Group.