Huntersville FD hosting dine, donate event for burned 3-year-old

Updated:

Photos courtesy of the Huntersville Fire Department.

HUNTERSVILLE - A 3-year-old boy is back home in Huntersville after spending weeks at the North Carolina Children’s Hospital in Chapel Hill. Griffin Luthart was seriously burned after a lantern exploded during a family outing. Since the freak accident Griffin has had extensive surgery and skin grafting.

Griffin’s father, Brian Luthart, is a sergeant for the Huntersville Police Department. The Huntersville Fire Department has been supporting their police brother and the Luthart family during Griffin’s treatment.

Recently the Lutharts began receiving bills associated with Griffin’s care and emergency treatment. To assist with bills, members of the Huntersville Fire Department and their wives have organized several fundraising opportunities to assist the Luthart family.

They have planned a Dine/Donate event in partnership with Sticky Fingers Restaurant in Concord on August 7. The restaurant has agreed to donate 15 percent of total sales for that day to the Lutharts. Diners are encouraged to bring in a paper flyer or an electronic version of the flyer on their smartphones to participate.

You can also donate to the Griffin Luthart Recovery Fund by clicking here.