CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Chopper 9 was in the air Wednesday morning as Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were seen taking two people into custody in west Charlotte.
A source told Channel 9 that a total of four juveniles were taken into custody and connected to a series of armed robberies in Charlotte. The exact ages of the suspects have not been released.
One happened at about 6 a.m. on Carol Avenue where a 25-year-old had her purse, phone, keys and cash taken at a bus stop.
One hour later on Dr. Webber Avenue, the suspects robbed a 15-year-old of his school bag and wallet.
Officers took the two people into custody at Airport Commerce Park on Boyer Street off Billy Graham Parkway.
A witness told Channel 9 they saw at least three people walking in Airport Commerce Park and then all of a sudden officers swarmed them and took them into custody.
“I said, ‘Man, this is the wildest dickens,’” witness Scott Howell said. “We just stood and watched this go on.”
A source told Channel 9 that the suspect vehicle was a black Chevrolet Impala, which was ditched about two miles away on Carlotta Street near Morris Field Drive. Chopper 9 flew over that scene and saw officers surrounding the vehicle.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Neighbor found man shot to death outside east Charlotte home
- Middle school teacher charged after daughter dies from opioid exposure
- 1 killed, 1 injured in head-on crash in Iredell County, troopers say
- WATCH: Vicki Graf's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Union County School Board approves redistricting reversal
- Panthers' McCaffrey helps save life of 72-year-old hiker: 'We were in shock'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.