CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A small fire started in the kitchen of a hotel room Wednesday night at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel on Feldfarm Lane in south Charlotte.
It was contained to one unit and no one was injured, according to the Pineville Fire Department.
The manager of the hotel said the fire started after someone left a pot on the stove.
To see more local news stories, click here.
South Charlotte hotel fire contained to 1 room
Lowe's announces 525 layoffs, including 430 at corporate office in Mooresville
Erica Parsons to be laid to rest 5 years after disappearance
Health Department failed to notify nearly 200 women of abnormal test results
Pilot radioed in 'Mayday' call before Australian plane crash