MORGANTON, N.C. - Morganton city officials told Channel 9 that a squirrel was responsible for knocking out power to nearly 900 customers early Tuesday morning.
Electric Services Department said that the outage happened around 9 a.m. and was impacting 875 customers on the northwest side of town.
Utility crews think a squirrel interfered with some equipment, causing the outage.
Crews were assessing damage and repairs are underway. There was no timetable on when the outages would be restored.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 East Burke HS teachers accused of inappropriate relations with students
- Charlotte-based flight attendant sues American Airlines over Facebook posts
- FORECAST: Winter tightens grip as frigid temps linger all week
- WATCH: The History Of Pi Day
- Man accused of fondling 2 children at Ballantyne day care center
- Gaston Co. teacher accused of assaulting special needs students
© 2017 Cox Media Group.