CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Fourth Street has reopened after the Charlotte Fire Department shut it down for a gas leak Monday morning.
Fourth Street was closed from McDowell Street to Brevard Street.
The Charlotte Fire Department arrived on scene at South Caldwell Street and East Fourth Street. Hazmat teams were on scene around 8:45 a.m. Monday and worked to control the leak. The fire department told people to avoid the area.
Firefighters said the ruptured gas line was near the Federal Reserve. Tune in to Eyewitness News Midday for more details.
Fourth Street reopened after morning gas leak
Mecklenburg Co. inadvertently sends hundreds of patients' information to media
Man accused of stealing from homes caused crash that killed young…
CMS fighting to get $800 million bond on ballot for school maintenance
Dems force 1-week delay on panel vote on Supreme Court pick