CHARLOTTE - According to a recent study, Charlotte has been ranked the seventh-worst city in the United States for Fourth of July celebrations.
WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, released its findings on Tuesday.
The company compared the 100 largest cities in the U.S. based on how well they balance cost and fun. Fourteen key metrics were used to explore different factors, including number of food establishments, fireworks laws, attractions and weather.
Here’s how Charlotte did in the rankings:
- Average drinks price (beer and wine) - 62nd
- Walk score - 98th
- Fireworks Laws - 32nd
- Lowest price of a three-star hotel - 47th
- Arts, entertainment & recreation establishments per capita - 62nd
- Swimming pools per capita - 88th
- Accommodation and food services establishments per capita - 63rd
- Forecast temperature vs. ideal temperature (75 degrees) - 28th
To see other cities rankings and Fourth of July money-savings tips, click here.