by: Paige Hansen Updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A judge gave a 16-year-old murder suspect bond.
Randy Lloyd was charged with murdering a north Charlotte father after police said he and two other teens went on a crime spree in March.
Eyewitness News reporter Paige Hansen was in court Thursday as the victim's widow faced the suspect.
Lloyd faces multiple charges, one of which is first-degree murder.
Lloyd and two other teenagers are accused of going on a crime spree on March 30, which started with armed robberies and carjackings and ended with the killing of Ronald Gullette.
Gullette's widow stood up in court Thursday and said on that Sunday morning her husband was supposed to meet her and their two children at church.
She said she has not returned to their home since the murder.
She got choked up when she told the judge about Father's Day last month when her oldest child asked why even celebrate when he "didn't have a daddy."
The attorney for the 16-year-old murder suspect told the judge his client is working toward his GED while behind bars and asked her also to consider his client's age when setting a bond.
The prosecution asked the judge for a $750,000 bond but the judge set it at $450,000.
If Lloyd is released, he'll have to stay under house arrest and wear an electronic monitoring device.
His next court date is scheduled for Aug. 21.
The other 16-year-old suspect is still in jail and the third suspect is a juvenile.
Teen murder suspect receives $450K bond
Gov. McCrory concedes North Carolina governor's race to Roy Cooper
7-year-old girl killed after Salisbury home sprayed with bullets, police say
Pair accused of assaulting Indian Trail Walmart greeter with stun gun
Tie or no tie? Dress-code flap defines Panthers' 40-7 loss