More than $23,000 was raised during a barbecue fundraiser held in honor of a murdered Rowan County volunteer firefighter.
Investigators say a burglar shot Marcus Kauffman, 25, in the head at his home last month.
To donate to the family, click here for more information.
His family made the decision to take him off life support before Christmas.
Since then the community has stepped in to help the family.
Nearly $12,000 was raised just weeks ago during another fundraiser.
- Jan. 18: Hundreds come out to support family of slain volunteer firefighter
- Dec. 20: Rowan Co. volunteer firefighter shot in head dies
- Dec. 19:Family: Doctors to check brain activity
- Dec. 11:Gun stolen from home of firefighter who was shot recovered
- Dec. 9: Suspected shooter of volunteer firefighter makes first court appearance
- Dec. 6: Two arrested in Rowan Co. shooting of firefighter
Thousands raised for family of slain volunteer firefighter
Gov. McCrory concedes North Carolina governor's race to Roy Cooper
7-year-old girl killed after Salisbury home sprayed with bullets, police say
Pair accused of assaulting Indian Trail Walmart greeter with stun gun
Tie or no tie? Dress-code flap defines Panthers' 40-7 loss