CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - Firefighters had to take two people to the hospital Tuesday morning -- including a toddler -- after responding to a house fire in Caldwell County.
Investigators said the fire started before 8:30 a.m. in the kitchen of a home on Bakers Circle in Sawmills.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire but two people, including a toddler, were taken to the hospital after suffering smoke inhalation.
There was no immediate word on their conditions.
Sign up for breaking news alerts, click here.
Toddler, adult taken to hospital after Caldwell Co. house fire
Union Co. school employee sent inappropriate Snapchat pics, officials say
Support grows for Santa accused of fat-shaming 9-year-old NC boy
CMPD: Men burst into Panera, fire gun before stealing employee's car
Amazon.com scam hits shoppers before holidays