CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Neighbors and friends gathered Wednesday to remember a woman who lost her life in a house fire.
On March 5, firefighters pulled Debbie Young from her home on Tamarron Drive but she died later at the burn center in Chapel Hill.
Firefighters said she didn't have a working smoke detector.
“It’s tragic. Every day we drive by the house and it's a constant reminder of our loss," said neighbor Loretta Cozart
Neighbors said since the fire happened, the entire neighborhood is making sure smoke detectors are working in the homes of their loved ones.
Read previous coverage here.
To see more local news stories, click here.
Vigil held for woman who died in Ballantyne house fire
Videos of deadly encounter between CMPD officer, Keith Scott released
MINUTE-BY-MINUTE: CMPD chief says Keith Scott had gun, marijuana
Keith Scott's fingerprints, DNA, blood found on gun, police sources say
GRAPHIC: Family releases cellphone video of deadly Charlotte police encounter