PINEVILLE, N.C. - A water main break is forcing crews to keep part of a busy road in Pineville closed through the weekend.
Charlotte Water said the break happened Wednesday night in the southbound lanes of Lancaster Highway near Carolina Place Parkway.
The work was expected to be completed Thursday morning, but Charlotte Water said it’s a difficult repair. Officials believe all lanes will be reopen Monday.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on the repair work.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man dies after being shocked with Taser in Badin, police chief says
- Students evacuated after suspicious device found at Claremont Elementary School
- CMPD investigating deadly crash on I-77, I-85 interchange in north Charlotte
- 19-year-old charged with murder, arson in connection with Union Co. fire
- NC jail inmate on run after beating deputy amid hospital visit
© 2018 Cox Media Group.