CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Wells Fargo has confirmed to Channel 9 that it is laying off employees in the bank’s management offices.
Wells Fargo is Charlotte’s biggest banking employer.
It is merging the regional president and area president jobs into one new position on the community banking team.
It will cut 160 positions down to 90. The company said the layoffs are across the country.
Wells Fargo is still dealing with a scandal where employees opened new accounts without permission from customers.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 16-year-old charged after chase reaches speeds of 100 mph, police say
- Caldwell Co. authorities investigating deadly officer-involved shooting
- Comey: Trump sought to 'lift the cloud' of investigation
- The search for Kristen Modafferi: 20 years later
- What parents need to know about 'dry' and 'secondary' drowning
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Wells Fargo announces layoffs on community banking team
Suspect shot while holding pregnant woman hostage; 3 officers on leave
Highway 150 shut down after crash, fastest detour 40 miles around
4 NCAA coaches among 10 charged with fraud and corruption
Trump includes North Korea, Venezuela in new travel ban