WESLEY CHAPEL, N.C. - Residents in Wesley Chapel had the opportunity Wednesday to speak about a proposal for a new shopping center.
A group against the project pushed people to attend the meeting at Wesley Chapel Town Hall.
The development is planned for Highway 84 and Potter Road, which is across from Wesley Chapel Elementary School.
Some worry it would clog the area with traffic.
The developer revealed a new plan for the site Wednesday night that could include a day care, community club, indoor swimming pool and convenience store.
The developer said no construction would begin until a traffic study is done. They’re also proposing another stoplight to help alleviate any backups.
In response to safety concerns in relation to Wesley Chapel elementary, the developer said they’re making sure there would not be direct access from the development to the school.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman charged in connection with crash that killed her 14-month-old niece
- Police ask for public's help in search for missing Charlotte woman
- $1M bond set for man charged in 3-year-old NC girl's death
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- Richmond County water customers outraged after bills skyrocket
© 2017 Cox Media Group.