PINEVILLE, N.C. - A woman who was hurt in a fire on New Year's Eve died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Fire investigators said Tuesday they believe the fire on Woodside Falls Road started in the kitchen.
Members of her community have set up a donation website to raise money for her family.
Fire crews found the woman struggling with smoke inhalation on the second floor.
Woman injured in New Year's Eve fire dies
Hickory to pay $3.5 million to man exonerated after 24 years in prison
Police: Nurse practitioner accused of prescription fraud in Mooresville
Family defends SC woman accused of putting 4-day-old son in refrigerator
Man robs Gastonia store with clerk's daughter outside