GASTON COUNTY, N.C. - A Lincolnton woman faces charges after officials said she wrote a fake doctor's note to get out of jail.
The Gaston Gazette said Marla Davis reported Saturday to the Gaston County jail for a weekend sentence.
She showed up with a note that she claimed was from her doctor that said she shouldn't go to jail, police said.
Police said the note was forged.
Davis was booked on a new charge of one felony count of obstruction of justice.
She's being held on a $160,000 bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- UNCC quarterback, younger brother of Panthers TE, arrested on rape charges
- Police: High school senior shot, killed during party in south Charlotte
- Alcohol a factor in deadly northwest Charlotte crash, police say
- Teen wears hilarious disguise to spy on best friend’s first date
- Man accidentally fires gun, hits his two young sons
© 2018 Cox Media Group.