View mobile site
Follow us on
Thursday, June 20, 2013 | 4:25 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 7:55 a.m. Monday, July 2, 2012
CHARLOTTE, N.C. —
After Sunday’s storm, a north Charlotte family found themselves without a place to live.
The family told Channel 9 that lightning sparked a fire at their home on Davis Lake Parkway.
The homeowner smelled smoke during the storms and called 911.
Firefighters found the fire in an upstairs bedroom.
“Sometimes when you got a lot of energy, and today we had heat and storms coming up, and the storms are going to be pretty powerful,” said Charlotte Fire Chief Tom Link.
The fire caused about $25,000 in damage.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.