View mobile site
Follow us on
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 | 7:26 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 5:47 a.m. Friday, Jan. 31, 2014
By Paige Hansen
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. —
Firefighters from eight different departments battled a fully involved mobile home fire near Mount Holly early Friday morning.The fire started just before 5 a.m. at a home on Fox Trail Drive in the Lucia community, off Highway 273 near Mountain Island Lake.Firefighters said the man and woman who lived in the home were able to get out OK, but suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital.Neighbors told Channel 9 that the couple is in their late 50s and that some pets were unaccounted for.Firefighters said that there are no fire hydrants nearby, which delayed their attempts to fight the flames as they had to truck in their own water.Firefighters said the home had no electricity and think the fire may have started from a wood burning stove.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2014 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.