View mobile site
Follow us on
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 | 2:36 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 10:38 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013
BOONE, N.C. —
Three carbon monoxide deaths in a Boone hotel room have prompted changes to the state's lab protocols. The Watauga Democrat reports medical examiners must now submit a history along with the samples they give to the toxicology lab, and they can request quicker tests for carbon monoxide. The Watauga County Health Department said that may have prevented an 11-year-old's death in June. Jeffrey Williams died in the same Best Western hotel room where Daryl and Shirley Jenkins died two months before.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2014 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.