View mobile site
Follow us on
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | 7:33 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 6:33 a.m. Tuesday, May 1, 2012
BURKE COUNTY, N.C. —
A man was electrocuted at a Duke Energy substation in Burke County.The Morganton News Herald reported Steven Powell, 44, was working for the owner of the Drexel Furniture Plant on North Main Street and was cleaning it out Saturday.Police said he did not have permission to be inside the fenced-in substation, which is marked with no trespassing and danger signs.They say it looked like he was climbing it and grabbed a hot wire.
Officials said it appears that a 44,000-volt shock killed Powell.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.