A Rock Hill man is in the hospital after being pulled from his burning house by a neighbor.
Investigators think the fire started in the living room of the home on Montgomery Drive. There were four people inside at the time. Three of them made it to the back door, but 52-year-old Don Efantis was still inside.
His neighbor, Matt Pursley, said Efantis' daughter came across the street and said to call 911, telling him that her father was still inside.
Pursley said he ran across the street and tried to go in the front of the house, but the smoke and flames were too intense. He then got a shovel and broke out the bedroom window where Efantis was sleeping.
“I screamed for him and he starts walking toward me and then I think I felt him with the shovel, and as soon as I felt him with the shovel, I went in there and grabbed him and pulled him out,” Pursley said.
Efantis was airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center. He is still in the hospital.
Investigators have determined the fire was an accident.