View mobile site
Follow us on
Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 | 8:49 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Updated: 10:39 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013 | Posted: 5:35 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. —
A mother and her three children were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Caldwell County.The fire broke out at the 120-year-old home on Sheriff’s Road, just east of Lenoir just before 4 a.m. Wednesday.Officials said a smoke detector woke Monica Hollar up. When Hollar woke up she saw flames coming from the wall. She tried to put the fire out, but couldn’t. She grabbed her children and got out. Firefighters said the fire started in the pipe coming from the wood stove.The house was destroyed.The family is expected to be OK.Firefighters have cleared the scene, but the fire marshal is still investigating the fire.Stay with wsoctv.com for updates on this developing story.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.