View mobile site
Follow us on
Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 | 5:18 a.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 5, 2013
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. —
A Travelers Rest man has died after a firework exploded in his hands on July Fourth.The Greenville County Coroner's Office says 54-year-old Robin Rhodes Smith died on the way to a hospital around 9:45 p.m. Thursday.Witnesses say Smith had been shooting fireworks in his yard. A mortar round-type with a 4-inch opening at the top, failed to ignite.Investigators say Smith took the firework out of the ground and used a pocket knife to install a new fuse. Witnesses say Smith was holding the firework against his chest when it went off.An autopsy was scheduled Friday.The Associated Press contributed to this report.
5 Day Forecast
Early Warning Doppler 9
Local Radar Loop
Regional Radar Loop
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.