Eyewitness News was in court Monday as an Olympic High School Student was formally charged with threatening a Sandy Hook-style shooting.
Tristan Lloyd, 16, was arrested last week after a threat was found on a school calculator.
Lloyd's grandmother is heartbroken because she believes her grandson is charged with a crime he didn't commit. She says the 16-year-old now fears for his life because he believes the student who really wrote the threat is still in school.
"It's really kind of affected him a little. He's afraid to be at the house by himself. He thinks they may come after him," says Linda Mitchell, Lloyd's grandmother.
Police arrested Lloyd Thursday afternoon after school officials found the message. Someone wrote they planned to show up for school the next day and shoot everyone in the cafeteria.
The message said it would be worse than the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary.
CMPD interviewed students then, questioned Lloyd at his home. According to CMS officials, Lloyd confessed to the crime. His mother, who didn't want to be identified, says her son never admitted to anything.
"I was there with the interview when they interrogated him and he did not admit to anything of what I've seen the calculator supposedly says nothing to that nature," his mother said.
Lloyd is suspended for 10 days. His parents will meet with school leaders tomorrow to try and get him back in school.