A west Charlotte medical office was evacuated early Tuesday because of carbon monoxide concerns.
Firefighters were called to Metrolina Kidney Center on Hoskins Road near Beatties Ford Road just after 6 a.m.
MEDIC said paramedics checked out six people at the scene but they declined to be transported to the hospital.
Fire officials determined that equipment used for overnight maintenance resulted in a buildup of carbon monoxide in the building. Firefighters were able to clear the air to ensure the safety of those who work there and their patients.