No charges in South Carolina home invasion shooting

Updated:
PICKENS, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say no charges will be filed in the shooting death of a man during a home invasion in South Carolina earlier this month.

Pickens County sheriff's Chief Deputy Creed Hashe said in a news release that no charges are expected in the Sept. 12 shooting death of 39-year-old Henry Hugh Thomas of Greenville.

Hashes said Thomas entered a home through an unlocked door and pulled a gun when the people inside questioned him. Thomas fired two shots and two men fought with him.

One of the men got a handgun from a bedroom and fired twice, hitting Thomas with both shots. He later died during surgery.

Hashe said deputies consulted with prosecutors and determined the shooting was in self-defense and was justified.

Next Up: