ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. - A North Carolina math teacher is accused of having sexual contact with three male students.
Erin McAuliffe, 25, a teacher at Rocky Mount Preparatory School, appeared in a Nash County courtroom Tuesday, according to Channel 9's TV partner WTVD.
McAuliffe is charged with three counts of sexual activity with a student and one count of indecent liberties with a minor. She did not comment on the felony charges following her court appearance.
Police said the alleged acts took place off-campus. The students involved included a 16-year-old and two 17-year-olds.
The head of the public charter school, Todd Pipkin, told the Associated Press that McAuliffe's last day of employment at the school was May 4.
McAuliffe had been behind bars at Carteret County Jail but was let out on $20,000 bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Inmate shoots, kills 2 correctional officers, escapes in Georgia
- Kevin Durant named Finals MVP, leads Warriors to NBA title
- Man found shot to death inside car in northwest Charlotte
- RAW VIDEO: Steph Curry's Finals postgame press conference
- Woman charged with DWI after tractor-trailer overturns on I-85
- WATCH: Christine Rapp's Tuesday forecast outlook
© 2018 Cox Media Group.