CHARLOTTE, N.C. - TSA agents found a grenade inside a checked bag at Charlotte Douglas International Airport last week.
Agency officials said when items like grenades are found agents must call in explosives detection professionals to carefully handle them.
Authorities told Channel 9 the owner of the bag was not charged in this case.
This isn’t the first time TSA agents have confiscated prohibited items from checked luggage this month. They’ve also found four loaded weapons -- one gun seized had a round in the chamber.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspect accused of shooting 4 in Pageland captured after 10-hour manhunt
- Nearly 10,000 stolen guns found in Chesterfield Co. house
- Troopers identify passenger killed when cars collide on I-77
- 16-year-old dies after car hits tree in south Charlotte
- 5 things to know about the fatal homecoming crash at Oklahoma State