CHARLOTTE, N.C. - TSA agents found a grenade inside a checked bag at Charlotte Douglas International Airport last week.
Agency officials said when items like grenades are found agents must call in explosives detection professionals to carefully handle them.
Authorities told Channel 9 the owner of the bag was not charged in this case.
This isn’t the first time TSA agents have confiscated prohibited items from checked luggage this month. They’ve also found four loaded weapons -- one gun seized had a round in the chamber.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspect accused of shooting 4 in Pageland captured after 10-hour manhunt
- Nearly 10,000 stolen guns found in Chesterfield Co. house
- Troopers identify passenger killed when cars collide on I-77
- 16-year-old dies after car hits tree in south Charlotte
- 5 things to know about the fatal homecoming crash at Oklahoma State
TSA agents find grenade in checked bag at Charlotte airport
Senate votes to approve Montenegro's admission into NATO
Bodies of American, Swedish UN experts and their interpreter found in…
Uber diversity report says 36 percent of employees are women
French candidate's wife faces charges over parliament jobs