Updated:CHARLOTTE, N.C. —
Our award winning mobile weather apps just got even better.
Click Here To Download Our Severe Weather App
There is now a smartphone version of our WSOC-TV weather app for iPhone and Android. It joins our already popular severe weather iPad app.
Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson and WSOC-TV Channel 9’s team of certified meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9 have produced the most accurate local weather technology available, “The WSOC-TV iPad/iPhone Weather App.”
The apps are designed to save lives by combining the power of a weather radio with the precision and convenience of a smart phone. The apps is updated with the latest Charlotte area storm and forecast information 24/7.
Some of the important features are, but not limited to:
- Six of the most life-threatening alerts are free --tornado warnings/watches, severe thunderstorm watches/warnings and flash flood warnings/watches
- Offers extended, hourly forecast and current conditions so you can plan your walk, your drive, your day.
- Uses a patented method to track locations and provide very precise alerts pushed to your phone.
- Interactive maps show your location in relation to watches/warnings and radar.
- Watch live streaming video from WSOC-TV as weather unfolds.
If you already have the WSOC-TV iPad weather app, an update in the App Store will give you access to the new features available.
FAQ's: iPad weather app