Are you ready to hit the highways for the 2013 holiday season? It’s upon us – Christmas is only a week away, and more and more drivers will be taking to the roads the closer it gets! Is your car ready for the winter travelling it’s got in front of it? Our Charlotte Toyota Service Center can help you figure it out!
Why do you need to prep your car with Charlotte auto service before road trips?
One of the most important things you can do before planning a road trip any time of the year is to get the proper auto service in Charlotte. However, this becomes even more imperative in the winter, when you might be heading to cold climates with snow, ice, rain, and other hazards that can make your drive time more difficult! The roads will also be much busier than normal this time of year. This is why it’s so important to make sure that both you and your vehicle are prepared!
How can you prep for the holiday season with Charlotte auto service? Simple! There are several important things you should consider before hitting the roads, and our NC Toyota Service Center will be glad to give you a hand. Before you head out on the highways, you might want to consider auto service like:
- Take a long, hard look at both your headlights and your windshield wipers. You want to be sure that both are working efficiently and in good condition, as they’re essential to maintaining visibility… especially in winter weather. Our Toyota Service Center in Charlotte can repair or replace both for you and get you on your way!
- Also take a look at your recommended auto service schedule – are you due for an oil change? Have our Toyota Service technicians take a peek and make sure you’re ready to hit the road – not having clean or full enough oil can lead to major engine issues and a possible breakdown.
- Make sure that you check your windshield wiper fluid – if you’re going to be driving in cold weather, you want the type that will resist freezing when you spray it on the windshield. Similarly, check your antifreeze! For winter driving, you typically want a mix of half antifreeze, half water to prevent the radiator from freezing. We can help you with this at our Charlotte auto service center!
- Another good practice when you take to the highways in winter weather? Keep your gas tank half full at all times! This can prevent the gas lines from freezing by not allowing condensation to build up in them. You can have our Toyota auto mechanics check these, along with other lines, hoses and belts!
- Also make sure your car is stocked with supplies in case the worst should happen – keep things like a shovel, a map, a cell phone charger, extra blankets, flares, kitty litter, jumper cables, and a tow rope in your trunk!