The Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb is coming up, and we’re getting pretty excited at our N Charlotte Toyota Scion dealership – the 2014 Scion FR-S will be making its way to the top! You heard right – this popular new Scion in N Charlotte will be partaking in this incredible race event under the command of Ken Gushi, and we can’t wait to see how it takes on the challenging terrain. We also can’t wait to see how it fares against its competition – it’ll be competing against cars like:
- The ever-popular and performance-driven Nissan 370z
- The Chevrolet Camaro, all decked out to take on the climb
- The powerful Porsche 911
- The Tesla Roadster 360
- The Ford Mustang
- The Dodge Viper
- Its own sibling, the powerful N Charlotte Scion tC
Will the Scion FR-S make it to the top?
And more! We can’t wait to see who makes it to the top, and the unbelievable maneuvers we’ll see along the way! This thrilling race will take place June 29th, 2014 at Pike’s Peak, just outside Denver, Colorado. You can actually watch it live if you can’t make it out to the venue… we know what our TV’s will be tuned to! The race itself is 12.42 miles long, and climbs almost 5,000 feet with 156 turns. We think the new Scion FR-S is perfect for the job… and we’re not the only ones!
Did you know that Ken Gushi actually chose the N Charlotte Scion FR-S himself for the challenge? He’s always been a fan of the car, and for this particular challenge he decided to modify the Scion 10 Series model to give him the push he needs to beat his competition to the top of Pike’s Peak. He made modifications, obviously, but he had a great base to start with! The 2014 Scion FR-S has a flat Boxer engine under the hood, which allows it to have a low center of gravity (which automatically translates to better handling and maneuverability, especially around tight turns at high speeds).
What makes this new Scion in N Charlotte such a fan favorite?
The regular Scion FR-S in N Charlotte may not be ready to climb Pike’s Peak, but it does have a ton of qualities that make it perfect for hitting the road in and around town. Here are some of our favorites:
- A display audio system with Bluetooth streaming for phone calls and music, as well as MP3 playback and even navigation and social media capabilities
- A sleek, dark interior with hot red stitching accents, sport pedals, sport bucket front seats, an a leather-trimmed steering wheel
- A sporty and aerodynamic exterior with 17” alloy wheels, dual exhaust, and a huge variety of paint colors from which to choose – we’re partial to Firestorm and Blizzard Pearl!
Why not come see for yourself? Visit Toyota of N Charlotte or give us a ring to schedule a test drive appointment at (888) 883-3797 today… we’re open seven days a week for your convenience!