Did you know that Toyota of N Charlotte has an amazing selection of new Scion available to you? We take great pride in not only providing new Toyota and used cars, but also the entire Scion family. These innovative and individual cars are affordably priced, come with amazing standard features and elements, and offer a reliable - and FUN - performance for all NC Toyota drivers. However, do you know the history of this unique company and how it came to be? Our dealership has all the answers - meet the Scion family!
Meet the N Charlotte Scion family
Scion is actually a part of Toyota Motor Company; the automotive giant decided they wanted to expand their reach to engage a younger, hipper, and trendier generation of drivers. They succeeded! The Scion brand is based on a bedrock of creativity and individuality, as evidenced in every single new Scion near Charlotte we have to offer. Scion hit the market in 2003, and since then they've grown to become a renowned brand of automobiles. Perhaps one of the most exciting moments in their history was the introduction of the 2013 Scion FR-S - an affordable (yup, we said affordable) sports car option!
However, let's take a closer look at Scion's evolution over the years and how the brand has grown to this point - their ten year anniversary is this year, and they're celebrating by releasing special limited editions of each and every model in the lineup. Stay tuned for the new Scion 10 Series in N Charlotte!
- The first new Scion near Charlotte to be introduced to the public in 2002 was the Scion bbX; this concept evolved into what we now know as the 2013 Scion xB! Another concept car that emerged soon after was the Scion ccX, which was the forerunner to the new Scion tC. However, these concepts were just that - they weren't sold to the public just yet!
- The first official Scion to be available to N Charlotte Toyota drivers were the Scion xB and Scion xA. Both hit the roads on June 6, 2003, and only California drivers could find them for the first year. However, by 2004 you could find these vehicles nationwide!
- The next big release in the N Charlotte Scion family was the 2005 Scion tC - this is the sporty coupe that Scion drivers have come to know and love. It's still exceptionally popular - several special release series models have already been introduced!
- Next up? The 2007 Scion xD. This new Scion was introduced into the family so that the Scion xA could retire, and it's still a popular option today for drivers who want a new Scion that's versatile, roomy, and adaptable.
- The next member of the Scion family to be brought to the public was the 2012 Scion iQ, which was actually introduced in 2011! This subcompact hatchback is a popular solution for drivers who needs something small and sporty for city streets, and it also offers amazing fuel efficiency.
- The final addition to the lineup so far is the iconic, extremely popular 2013 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte. This sports car is decked out with performance capabilities, technology, sleek and sporty style, and (above all) kicks off at just over $25,000!
Come see all of these new Scion options in person today!
Want to see everything the Scion family has to offer you in person? Swing by our dealership today! Toyota of N Charlotte is open seven days a week for your convenience, and we're just off I-77 at exit 23!