Are you looking for a new Toyota near Charlotte that offers the ultimate safety features to keep you and your passengers secure? If you are, you’re in luck – Toyota of N Charlotte is lucky enough to boast 17 IIHS Top Safety Picks this year, which is a huge honor! Winning the title of IIHS Top Safety Pick is no easy feat, so we’re proud to offer such a great selection of new Scion and new Toyota options that won the designation for the 2013 model year.
What makes a new Toyota an IIHS Top Safety Pick?
In order to be named an IIHS Top Safety Pick, the vehicle has to meet the rating “good” in at least four of the five major tests the IIHS utilizes as measurement. These tests include:
- Moderate overlap frontal crash
- Small overlap frontal crash
- Side impact
- Evaluations of seats/head restraints and how well the prevent neck injuries
Cars can score poor, marginal, acceptable, or good on these tests, but like we said – in order to be named a Top Safety Pick, good is the score you want! 17 new Scion and new Toyota in N Charlotte were lucky enough to win the honor this year in a multitude of different categories like minicars, large family cars, large pickups, and mid-size SUVs, to name a few. The winners are listed as follows:
- Toyota Prius c
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Prius v
- Scion FR-S
- Scion tC
- Scion xD
- Scion xB
- Toyota Avalon
- Toyota RAV4
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Venza
- Toyota Sienna
- Toyota Tundra
What other safety technology are available on our new Toyota near Charlotte?
Pretty impressive list, huh? Best news yet, you can find ALL of them at Toyota of N Charlotte right now, and they all brag impressive safety technology. Toyota is a well-known leading research in the realm of safety technology for their vehicles, regularly researching and implementing new elements and also collaborating with other companies and institutions to make the most of their research. Here are just a few of the other safety features you can expect when you check out the new Toyota near Charlotte we have available for you!
- Advanced Airbag Systems: Toyota uses a variety of airbags arranged in a very strategic manner to protect you and your passengers the best way possible in case of a crash.
- Toyota Star Safety System: Every new Scion and new Toyota in N Charlotte has this set of six safety technologies – the system was carefully designed by Toyota so that each technology works independently, but they also work in conjunction to make your vehicle that much more secure.
- Whiplash-Injury-Lessening Seats (WIL): These help to prevent whiplash injuries to the neck in an accident, thanks to their careful construction.
However, that’s not all you’ll find when you visit our NC Toyota dealership. Why not come see all of the innovative safety features and technology available to you in person? We’re open seven days a week to better serve you and have all of the Toyota and Scion options featured on the 2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick lists. Visit us at 13429 Statesville Road in Huntersville, NC – just off I-77!