At Toyota of N Charlotte, we know that many drivers love to head off on adventures and take friends and loved-ones with them – and this includes their pets! If you have a trip in mind that you want to take with your favorite family pet, or just want to head down the street to the dog park in your new Toyota near Charlotte, there are a few tips to keep in mind that can help you make sure you and furry friend arrive safely!
Stay safe on the road with your pet in a new Toyota!
When it comes to caring for your pet while on the road, there are a lot of simple tips owners and drivers can take advantage of to make sure everyone is comfortable and secure at all times!
- If you need to pull over at a rest-stop, make sure one of your passengers remains in the car with your pet. No matter what the temperatures are outside, it can be easy for your pet to become overheated, which can cause serious organ damage!
- One of the first things passengers and drivers do when they get into the car is put on their seatbelt. It’s a good idea to invest in a seatbelt for your pet, too! Safety harnesses for pets can be an inexpensive safety precaution, but it’s an important one to make for the health and safety of your animal - no matter how carefully you may drive your new Toyota in N Charlotte!
- Be mindful of where your dog, cat or other favorite pet might be sitting in your new Toyota, too. While it might be tempting to let your furry friend rest or sit on your lap, it’s safer not to. If you happen to be involved in a car accident and the airbags are deployed, your pet could be harmed from sitting in your lap.
- Also, if you happen to be going on a long trip then it’s a good idea to take a few minutes to stop and pull your new Toyota over to the side of the road – even if you feel like you could keep driving. It’s important for your pets to stretch their legs every once in a while so they don’t get too cramped or stiff on the drive.
- Also, just like we get hungry and thirsty while one road, it’s a good idea to have some snacks on hand for your animal to enjoy – which is also why it’s also important to give them walking breaks!
Enjoy a safe trip in your N Charlotte Toyota with your pet!
More than one new Toyota at our N Charlotte Toyota dealership comes with plenty of family-friendly AND pet-friendly features for everyone to enjoy! If you’re thinking of going off on a longer road trip soon, swing by and visit us at 13429 Statesville Rd to check out all the options that are ready for you AND your furry friends to enjoy! We’re open until 10:00 pm every day and can’t wait to see you!