As if there wasn’t already enough to love about the newly redesigned N Charlotte Toyota RAV4, here’s another thing to add to the list – it’s been named a 2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick! This means it’s an exceptionally safe option for you and your family, in addition to being stylish, efficient, and full of cool technology. However, what exactly does it mean when a vehicle is named an IIHS Top Safety Pick? Toyota of N Charlotte has the answers for you, so check it out!
New Toyota RAV4 near Charlotte meets IIHS safety criteria
The IIHS is the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. Every year, they conduct a series of extensive tests on vehicles to examine how they perform in crashes and how safe they are for drivers and passengers. The 2013 Toyota RAV4 in N Charlotte was up this year, and it performed extremely well. A new roof design bumped things up a notch this year, as it can withstand a force 5 times the car’s weight. Additionally, this new Toyota performed extremely well in the moderate overlap front, side, rollover, and rear crash tests!
What makes the Toyota RAV4 such a safe vehicle? First of all, all the technological features aimed towards safety that it boasts, such as:
- New technology was introduced this year – the Blind Spot Monitor with a Rear Cross Traffic Alert! This helps you tackle those tricky blind spots, but also helps to let you know when something is about to cross into your trajectory when you’re in reverse.
- An advanced airbags system, which uses strategically placed different types of airbags to make the most of your safety
- A Tire Pressure Monitoring System allows you to keep track of your tire pressure, which can help prevent loss of traction on slippery surfaces as well as assist in preventing blowouts.
- Toyota’s Star Safety System – this set of six safety technologies is found on all three levels of the new Toyota RAV4, and every other new Toyota at our dealership!
What safety features will you find in this N Charlotte Toyota?
However, other safety features are also implemented into the design of this new Toyota. You’ll find elements like:
- 3-point seatbelts in all seating positions, as well as the LATCH safety system for child passengers
- A collapsible steering column
- A seatbelt warning system, which will alert you if one of your passengers hasn’t buckled up
- An engine immobilizer, which can prevent theft
- Side impact door beams for side crashes
- A front energy-absorbing crumple zone
- Whiplash-Injury-Lessening seats for the driver and front passenger
The 2013 Toyota RAV4 isn’t the only new Toyota to be named a 2013 IIHS Top Safety pick, however! You can also choose from models like the Toyota Prius, Scion FR-S, Toyota Corolla, and Toyota Camry!
Come down to Toyota of N Charlotte today to start exploring options – we’re conveniently located just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville. You can also give us a ring to learn more about our money-saving new Toyota specials today – we’ll see you soon!