Here at our N Charlotte Toyota dealership, we have a great selection of new and used cars for sale, including a wide variety of pickup trucks. One of the most popular, however, is undoubtedly the Toyota Tacoma! This iconic truck is the best-selling compact pickup truck in the country, and has held that title since way back in 2005. It doesn’t look like it’s going to budge anytime soon, either – with each passing model year this new Toyota truck just gets better and better!
New Toyota trucks in N Charlotte have been around for a while
However, where did it all begin? The Toyota Tacoma near Charlotte may have hit the market back in the 90’s, but Toyota has been making trucks for a long, long time. In fact, the first pickup truck came out in 1935 – it was called the G1 and was supposed to be for commercial use. The first passenger-based new Toyota truck showed up here in America in 1964. It was called the Stout, and was soon followed by the Toyota Hilux in 1969! This truck was the forerunner to the N Charlotte Toyota Tacoma.
- In 1976, the Toyota Hilux because the Toyota Truck – it was completely remodeled a few years later, bringing it even closer to its current shape and form!
- 1979 was also the year that the Toyota SR5 made its way into the market – this sporty version of the Toyota Truck wasn’t just for work. You could also use it for off-roading or just comfortable cruising around town!
- It was still a while before the new Toyota Tacoma made it into the limelight, but by 1995 Toyota was doing so well in the truck segment that they decided to introduce it to the public. It featured a brand-new design, performance enhancements, and more choices – drivers could now pick between three different engines.
- The Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner was developed in 1998, followed by the specials S-Runner edition in 2001. This remarkable special edition offered improved handling during drive time.
- The second generation of this popular new Toyota truck in N Charlotte became available in 2005, and the X-Runner edition was introduced a short while later with a 6-speed manual transmission option and a powerful V6 engine!
- 2005 was also the year that this incredible truck claimed the best-seller title, and it’s held it tightly to date!
N Charlotte Toyota Tacoma offers a rich history and amazing performance
Other highlights mark the history of this amazing truck as well! In 2009, Toyota shifted their production of the popular truck from Mexico to the US. It’s now proudly produced at a Toyota plant in San Antonio, TX!
As you can see, the Toyota Tacoma has quite a bit of history to fall back on! That’s what makes it such an exceptional option for NC truck drivers. Why not see if it suits your driving needs? You can come down to our dealership and take it out for a spin today – we’re open seven days a week, and we’re just off I-77 at exit 23. Ask about our new Toyota specials to help you save!