It sounded too good to be true, but it looks like the rumors had a solid foundation after all – the incredible popular Scion FR-S near Charlotte will soon be available in a convertible option! The 2013 Scion FR-S is known as the GT-86 in other countries. It was recently announced in the UK that the FT-86 concept car would be making its grand debut at the Geneva Motor Show – further cementing the possibility of an open-top model! We seriously couldn’t be more excited at Toyota of N Charlotte. Toyota is insisting that this concept car is just that – a concept car – but rumors are already swirling that the vehicle appears to be production-ready!
What will the open-top Scion FR-S near Charlotte offer?
What would you expect to find in a N Charlotte Scion FR-S convertible? Well, if we take into account some of the speculation, you might find elements like:
- A fabric roof with multiple layers, which was designed specifically to allow passengers to keep out the elements (and in NC, the mosquitoes)
- A glass rear window for when the weather’s not accommodating an open-top driving experience
- The same seating capacity on the interior – two in the front, and two in the back
- A good deal of trunk space. Although this compact sports car is small, it still has a good amount of cargo space in the trunk and Toyota tried to ensure that the folding roof would have little effect on what’s there.
Toyota hasn’t released a curb weight yet (and remember, curb weight can have an effect on performance, so it’s important to consider in this new Scion) but we do know that the open-top Scion FR-S near Charlotte will offer the same powertrain! That’s all we can offer as far as details right now, but we’re sure more information will emerge once this new Scion concept makes its debut! We’ll keep you posted!
Check out the original 2013 Scion FR-S in N Charlotte today!
If you just can’t wait to get behind the wheel of this affordable sports car, come check out the 2013 Scion FR-S at our Toyota of N Charlotte! It’s exceptionally popular, and with good reason. It’s economically priced, kicking off at just over $25,000 (an anomaly in the world of super-sporty cars). It also includes unbeatable elements such as:
- A flat 4-cylinder Boxer engine, which allows the car to sit lower to the ground and handle much more efficiently (especially important in tight turns)
- A rear-wheel drive system for extra oomph when you hit the gas pedal
- A standard Pioneer Audio System, which integrates technology like iPod connectivity, Bluetooth capabilities, and HD Radio for better sound quality
- A super sporty interior clad in dark fabric with bright red stitching, as well as a leather-trimmed sport steering wheel, sport pedals, and sport bucket front seats
- An exterior that’s hard to forget – you’ll love the 17 inch alloy wheels, powerful dual exhaust, and variety of bombastic paint colors from which to choose
Like we said, we’ll be sure to let you know the instant we find out any more details on this unbelievable new Scion. Visit us in the meantime – we’re just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville! See you soon!