by: Jamie Bowers Updated:
Most of 3rd St. will be closed due to the Democratic National Convention. The closures are split into several different sections and schedules.
- 3rd St. will be closed between Caldwell St. and McDowell St. starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, September 2nd.
- Starting at 6 p.m., the 3rd St. closure will be extended, with traffic blocked between College St. and McDowell St.
- Starting at 8 p.m. on Monday, September 3rd, the closure will be extended again, with traffic blocked between Tryon St. and McDowell St.
- 3rd St. will also be closed between Graham St. and Poplar St. due to the temporary transit center.
- At 9 a.m. on Friday, September 7th, 3rd St. will reopen.
Most other nearby streets will be closed due to the Democratic National Convention. To avoid the confusion and congestion in Uptown, use Brookshire Freeway eastbound to the College St. exit (Exit 3A) to 11th St. (continue straight) to McDowell St. (continue straight) as an alternate route from the I-77/Johnson & Wales area to the Government Center/Courthouse area.