by: Jamie Bowers Updated:
I-85 northbound in the University area will be closed for several nights beginning Thursday, November 29th as NCDOT contractors tear down the old Mallard Creek Rd. overpass.
I-85 northbound will be closed at I-485/Exit 48 on the following dates:
- Thursday, November 29th at 10 p.m. through Friday, November 30th at 5 a.m.
- Friday, November 30th at 10 p.m. through Saturday, December 1st at 5 a.m.
- Saturday, December 1st at 10 p.m. through Sunday, December 2nd at 5 a.m.
- Monday, December 3rd at 10 p.m. through Tuesday, December 4th at 5 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 4th at 10 p.m. through Wednesday, December 5th at 5 a.m.
Use I-485 outer loop/Exit 48 to North Tryon St./Exit 32 (turn left) to Bruton Smith Blvd. (turn left) to I-85 North as an alternate route.