by: Jamie Bowers Updated:None —
ANOTHER SECRET ROUTE TO MYRTLE BEACH (Confidential) -- For those who prefer the traditional route (through Darlington and McBee and Hartsville), Traffic Team 9 provides an alternate secret route. The best part of this secret route is avoiding the dangerous stretch of Highway 601 south of Monroe.
- Take Independence Blvd./US 74 to Monroe.
- On the Charlotte-side of Monroe, turn right on Rocky River Rd.
- Rocky River Rd. becomes NC 522 and continues into South Carolina.
- In Lancaster County, turn left onto Flat Creek Rd./SC 903.
- Follow SC 903 to SC 151 in the town of Catarrh.
- Turn right on SC 151 and follow through McBee and Hartsville.
- In Darlington, turn right on US 52.
- Take I-95 North to Exit 170 (about 6 miles).
- At Exit 170, turn right on SC 327.
- Turn left on US 76.
- In Marion, turn right on US 501.
- Near Aynor, turn left on SC 22 and follow to the Myrtle Beach area.