The fastest and easiest way to enter a closing or delay is through WSOCTV.com. If you prefer to report closings via telephone, please click here for instructions.
1. Go to wsoctv.com/s/closings.
2. Click on the “Report closings and delays” link at the top of the page.
3. When prompted, enter your ID number and password.
4. Choose the appropriate options. You may choose one (1) option from the “choose the status” section and/or one (1) option from the list of “special status codes.” You do not have to choose both options, but we are offering that flexibility.
- If you choose “opening late at TIME” or “closing early at TIME” you will be asked to enter the specific time you are opening or closing.
- “Special status codes” gives you almost 50 specialized options customized for churches, schools, day cares, and businesses. For a complete list, click here.
5. The announcement you choose will display in the “text to appear on air” box near the bottom of the page. Please double check your announcement before clicking “submit.”
6. Your announcement will automatically be deleted at the appropriate time. The expiration time for your announcement is listed on the webpage.
7. When you are satisfied, click “submit.”
If you have any questions or concerns about the Severe Weather Center 9 closings system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.