CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Our service members give everything to serve our country and that often means moving from state to state, or even overseas.
This means putting down roots is a bit of a challenge.
JP Morgan Chase and Operation Homefront are working to change that through a program that matches deserving veterans with homes of their home, newly renovated and completely mortgage free.
"With the military, they tend to move around quite frequently, so homeownership, with this program, it allows them to have roots," Operation Homefront caseworker Maurjon Alston said.
Watch the video above as Eyewitness News Anchor Brittney Johnson shows us the unique program trying to help veterans find their home.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I'm never gonna be the same': Gastonia mom heartbroken after son shot to death
- Troopers speak out against 'exit jumping' on Charlotte interstates
- Raleigh father and son save grandfather from drowning at Ocean Isle Beach
- Cintra 'disappointed' with plan to convert I-77 shoulders into lanes
- FORECAST: Extreme heat, humidity will grip region through weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.