- Feel great about ensuring that every child has a coat this winter.
- Help families who are in a financial crisis who aren't able to buy a coat for their child.
GET HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS:
- Determine drop-off dates and locations.
- Consider local community locations such as faith organizations, library, community center or even schools.
- Ensure that someone will be at the location at all drop-off times.
- Make sure each drop-off location has a receptacle to place the coats. Decorate a bin or box to use at your location. Make it fun.
- Schedule the drop-off deadline a few days before the date you plan to drop off your coat donation. Consider keeping an estimated tally of collected coats. It's helpful to know what you achieved when you celebrate your success.
- Divide your tasks — don't do it all yourself.
- You can download our Steve's Coats for Kids flyer here to promote your event.
- Provide the date, time and location for the coat drop-off.
- Tell all of your friends — word of mouth is a great promotional tool.
- Reach out to PTAs, community organizations, faith organizations, libraries, etc., and ask them to help you promote the coat drive. They could promote through bulletins, email blasts, social media, mention at public meetings and/or allowing you to post your flyer in their buildings.
- Post the Steve's Coats for Kids drive on social media and send out messages to your network.
- Post signs near the drop-off location to make it easy for everyone to find you. Use large construction paper or poster board so people can read the signs from their cars.
- Once you've completed your collection you can bring your donation to any of the Steve's Coats for Kids donation locations listed here on our donation location map.
- Even better, Join the WSOC-TV team on January 15, from 10:00am to 7pm at 1901 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28206 during our special collection day.
© 2020 Cox Media Group