CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Protagonist Clubhouse marks the latest brewery to open in Charlotte’s NoDa neighborhood — and it’s part of a larger vision for the trio of friends behind the concept.
The nanobrewery officially opened its doors last Thursday at the corner of North Davidson and East 35th streets, offering not just its own selection of brews but also collaborating with other breweries and featuring guest beer on 22 of its taps — with a goal of helping educate customers about beer.
Jeremy Claeys, formerly in charge of Asheville-based Wicked Weed Brewing’s research and development program, has been tapped as head brewer at Protagonist.
The brewery will strive to serve a variety of styles on its two-barrel system while also encouraging experimentation, said Ryan Owens, co-founder of Protagonist Beer Co. He and childhood friends Mike Salzarulo and Ryan McKillen are partners in the venture.
The trio has plans for an outpost in Optimist Park, too.
Read more about the partners’ plans and check out photos of the NoDa space here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Machete-wielding man attacks hikers on Appalachian Trail, leaving one dead
- CMPD: 3 in custody after man stabbed during armed robbery in uptown
- Two cars hit by bullets on I-85, including one with 3 children inside
- FORECAST: Gorgeous pattern takes shape after weekend storms
- Savannah police officer from Charlotte shot, killed investigating robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.